I am not obsessed with my smartphone and sometimes I can go days without really playing with it aside from just the usual notification checking to see if someone has sent me a message or called me. But I cannot ignore the fact that sometimes I need my phone for the applications that make my life a hundred times better and easier. I wanna share with you the apps that I have on my home screen and I hope that some of these apps help you as well.
Anyway, the phone I’m using right now is HTC Desire 816 which is such a pain to find accessories for. It took me a year and half to find and finally change to a new tempered glass and case. There’s no specific reason why I wanted this phone, I just saw it on the display, jokingly asked dad if I can have it and a few days later he got it for me. What I like about this phone is it’s 1. cheap, 2. the battery last a long time. I can go on 4G from morning till night without having to use a powerbank. So all hail HTC! I’m pretty sure they have come out with a new Desire model so if you’re interested go check it out. Just bear in mind that you won’t have any fancy or cute casings for it because NOBODY SELLS HTC CASINGS I SWEAR TO GOD.
Snapchat — Google Play / App Store
Honestly this app does not help my life in any way except for making me glued to my phone 24/7 now because I’m obsessed with it. Add me on snapchat: erinvictus. I love the filters. I love that my snaps are gone in 24 hours. I love it. I can keep in touch with my friends and see their every day life.
Spotify — Google Play / App Store
I stopped downloading songs illegally after downloading this app and subscribing to their Premium version. RM14.90 every month is so worth it. You can pay less by getting the family plan. The more family members, the cheaper. Follow me on Spotify: Syazana Syazreen Azmir
Period Tracker — Google Play / App Store
Very self-explanatory: to keep track of your menstrual cycle. I have been using this app since 2011 and with this app I can see when I’m going to get my period. It won’t work well if you have irregular cycle, though.
VSCO CAM — Google Play / App Store
This app is what I use to edit my pictures. I really like the S Series: Bright + Clean but you do have to pay for it. When I bought it, it was only for RM3.50. Very cheap. I’m not sure how much it costs now.
Wattpad — Google Play / App Store
Wattpad is a free books and eBook reader. The books there are all written by non-commercial authors (they don’t take profits) means that you can also post your stories and there are a heck lot of good books and ugh I love it I love it so so much. Very awesome to read before bed.
Dreamdays — Google Play / App Store
It’s a countdown app for those of you who have never heard of Dreamdays. It’s very easy to use and if you are bothered by the ads, you can definitely buy the full version (read: no ads) for RM5, which I did because I hate ads. I love to countdown things. I use it mainly to countdown my birthday, when my bae is coming back to Malaysia, and all that sort of stuff.
TVShow Time — Google Play / App Store
I featured this app in my April Favourites post. I watch a lot of tv series and I keep track of all the episodes with this app. I love it a lot. I can read reviews of each episode, and find some new tv series to watch.
GSC Cinemas — Google Play / App Store
I hate queueing to get movie tickets. With this app, I can buy movie tickets days before and pick the seats I want because usually a lot of seats are still available to choose from if you booked early. Made my life easier.
My Finances — Google Play / Not available on App Store
Welcoming myself into adulthood by downloading this app. LOL just kidding I use this app to manage my money and see all of them disappear in a blink of an eye after ordering a lot of stuff online. But it’s a really simple app if you wanna keep track of your spending and the amount of money you have left.
- Spotify. Self-explanatory. For music purpose.
- Adobe Photoshop CS6. I use this app to edit my pictures, change the brightness, add watermark, change image size, and all that kind of jazz. Sometimes I also use Photo (pre-installed app in my laptop).
- YTD Video Downloader. I was obsessed with KPOP two years ago and when my favourite group released a new music videos or life performances, I would download them to my computer and fangirl like an idiot. You don’t even wanna know how obsessed I was back then. (Yes, it’s EXO. I still love them just not as much.)
- uTorrent. When you’re a fan of tv series, Torrent is like your very best friend and when Torrent is down, you are down, too. You can download anything and everything using Torrent.
- Ommwriter. You wanna write, you don’t want any distraction and Microsoft Word is too boring for you? Ommwriter is the answer. You can click on the link to download it for free (of course it’s a pirate) or click this link to purchase it from the official website.
Are there any apps that help you in daily life? Please share with me so I can try them. x