A long overdue post that should have been up weeks ago but soz I was very busy with my life — the inevitable reality of a student who procrastinates and sleeps most of the time because school is super duper tiring and my energy level is at 20% every day. I’m going to dedicate a whole blog post about it if I manage to not take a 5-hour nap after writing this post. Ahahaha.
Anyway, last month (canyoubelieveit?) I was tagged by Afifah Addnan for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much for tagging me and I apologise because it’s taking me this long to do it. Here I’m going to answer 11 questions by her and also another 11 questions by Syaza Raihanah. She didn’t tag me or anyone for that matter but her questions are just so fun so I thought I would do them too. Let’s get on to it!
Questions by Afifah Addnan
1. Introduce yourself as if you really want me to know you and you know I wouldn’t judge even if you say your secret crush is Hitler OR Just introduce yourself in five words.
I’m a foodie and I will basically eat anything anyone offers me (as long as it’s halal lah) and I never reject food. Why would you do that to something so sacred and precious?
I love babies and kids as long as they’re decent and not smelly and dirty. Some parents would let their toddlers in dirty clothes and unwashed face and it’s just unhygienic? Babies and toddlers are supposed to smell good like what are y’all parents thinking?
I prefer tv shows than movies, if you haven’t known that already.
I used to have a really bad temper but my mom told me “baik kau ubah perangai kau tu kakak, malu je nanti nak kawin dengan perangai buruk kau tu” every time I got mad over something and it took me a couple of years to control my temper. I can control it better now, alhamdulillah.
My secret crush is Charlie Puth, BTW.
2. If you never have to work and never have to worry about money anymore, what will you do?
I wanna go shopping and be a real-life princess.
3. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Stalking my friend’s ex-boyfriend (then, boyfriend) at 3 in the morning because he cheated on her. Ahahahaha.
4. Favourite movie of all time and why so?
I have many but one that I could think of now is The Holiday. IDK man I just love Jude Law and sometimes love comes at unexpected times.
5. Share with me your quirky-est nickname and how did you get that?
I have no quirky nickname but my high school friends called me Joyah and Syazana Banana. Real classy, guys.
6. What is your greatest weakness?
Temper, and food.
7. What is your greatest strength?
I hate feeling heartbroken over something so I’ll do whatever I can to feel better. This goes for heartbreaks in relationships, too.
8. What is your best childhood memory?
Oh, nothing much, just that when I was 5 years old my dad bought me a brand spanking new bicycle which I rode to pre-school for the first time and I fell. After my pre-school front gate, the road was a bit slanted, I lost control and literally fell face down. That was the best childhood memory I’ve ever had. I was a boring kid and that incident was pure gold!
9. If you can only keep five possessions, what would that be?
My MacBook, DSLR, my MAC lipsticks, skincare products, and deodorant. I can’t imagine my life without any one of these.
10. What is the biggest character turn-off for you?
One who does not respect women or people in general and one who spits on the ground. YUCKS.
11. If you could have any superpower, what power would it be and why? – it must be skills, not something like time-travelling or immortality.
The skill to eliminate some people from the face of the earth and the ability to see the future.
Questions by Syaza Raihanah
01. If you have to choose one food for the rest of your life? What would it be? Why?
Rice. Rice porridge, fried rice, anything with rice — I love and can’t live without. Eating rice gives me contentment and satisfaction of eating.
02. Your favourite scent?
Anything rose and lavender scented.
03. How long it takes for you to get ready for going out?
Well it depends on where I’m going but roughly I need around 2 hours to get ready. I like to take my own sweet time in getting ready.
04. List your favourite songs at the moment.
Ed Sheeran Divide album and Bruno Mars 24K Magic album. LOVE.
05. How often are you updating your blog?
I don’t have much time to update my blog now that I’m back on track with my studies which is quite sad to think of..
06. Do you prefer going out alone or together with somebody? Why?
I prefer going out with a company because I’m afraid I can’t stop myself from spending my money on ridiculous things if I’m alone. They say kalau berdua, orang ketiganya adalah syaitan well in my case, it’s me, my desire to shop, and syaitan to say “it’s okay Erin, money grows on tree, you belilah….”
07. How you manage your time between blogging and life?
If you see a new post on my blog then that means I have no assignments or works that require my immediate attention. I just submitted 3 assignments, did 4 tests, and I can finally take a breath a little bit as my next test is on next week Tuesday.
My priorities as of now are 1. studies; 2. my life and enough rest, and; 3. blog.
08. Do you prefer online shopping or go to the mall to buy something?
I prefer going to the mall as I have no patience to wait for my stuff to arrive but I do online shopping too sometimes.
09. 5 things that you’ll bring with you when you’re going out.
My phone, wristlet which contains my money and cards, house keys, lipstick I’m using that day, and a bottle of water.
10. If there’s a time machine in this world, what will you do with it?
If I have a time machine, I want to go back to when I was 12 years old where I was taking UPSR that year. I should have studied my ass off so I can get 5As (my B was Science ugh) and get into Tunku Kurshiah College and score straight As for SPM where I would apply for MARA scholarship and take medic in the UK.
But I didn’t get into TKC and I didn’t score straight As in SPM and I’m only taking TESL but somehow, I am blessed and I grateful that what I wanted did not happen. God is after all the best Planner and why would you want a time machine when everything that happened in the past brought you to where you are now?
11. Reading or watching?
For now, I don’t enjoy reading as much.
That’s all for now!