1. I was a book blogger. Yes, you read that right. I read books and I wrote book reviews (right now I’m doing neither!). I honestly don’t know why I stopped! I remember doing reviews for all 3 books in The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare and a bunch of contemporary romance books including The Fault in Our Stars, The Undomestic Goddess, and Beautiful Disaster just to name a few.
2. My first ever blog url was prettysyazana.blogspot.com. I was 13 and apparently too young too dumb to realise! #IWantToForgetIt
3. I have never put up pictures with my boyfriend on my blog. It’s just one of those things that I don’t do. I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned his name here just because I think it’s not that important. He’s a very private person so he doesn’t wanna get involved with my blogging life and I have to respect that.
4. I have blogged on Blogger.com, Tumblr.com, WordPress.com, and now WordPress.org. Every platform has its pros and cons and in my opinion, WordPress.org > Blogger.com > Tumblr.com > WordPress.com. I haven’t tried SquareSpace, though. The monthly fee of USD16 is too much for me.
5. In my 8 years of blogging, I haven’t met any of my blogger friends in real life! Maybe we should once I’m back in Shah Alam, eh?
6. I’ve only won blog giveaway once because I have a very bad luck when it comes to winning anything so my winning something is an achievement. Apparently, random generator hates me and never chooses me. I will do a blog post about what I won soon!
7. The first ever template I bought for my blog was Violin by VefioThemes and I used it for about 4 months before changing to another.
8. I bought my first custom domain in December 2013 which was syazanasyazreen.com (my real name) but it never got renewed because I stopped blogging on Blogger and used Tumblr instead so there was no point in renewing that domain although you can use custom domain on Tumblr. In July 2015, I bought erinazmir.com.
9. My first ever collaboration offer was with Zalora which I did back in April 2016. I was so excited for that online shopping voucher but honestly it wasn’t worth it in my opinion.
10. Seeing other blogs with beautiful design makes me feel so insecure about my blog. Is my blog looking okay?!
11. I have been lusting over Pipdig themes for years although pretty much 8 out of 10 bloggers I stumble upon use one from them. I will purchase one in the future, it’s like on the top of my wish list right now.
12. I still suck at taking flatlays for my blog and I still have no white and marble background, hahaha.
13. Sometimes I buy beauty products just so I can do beauty reviews and hauls on my blog. I’m sure most of us have done this in the past LOL.
14. I always get anxious and insecure after publishing a post.
15. I visit my blog every single day just to appreciate the hard work that has been done to create it to what it is today. It’s important to be proud of your blog regardless of how popular it is and to me, blogging is not about popularity. Sure, you’ll meet new online friends who adore your blog but that doesn’t mean you have to change who you are just because you have a few fans and loyal readers.
16. Tom Felton joining The Flash team is a bless that has been bestowed upon all of us. Soz.