In this post, I’m going to list down my 10 feel-good films that I always go back to and watch again and again because they hold a special place in my heart. And also because they are awesome chick-flick/romance movie!
- She’s The Man (2006). Those of you who haven’t watched the movie — just what are you doing with your life, if you don’t mind me asking? 1. It’s funny as heck. 2. Um, CHANNING TATUM? // precis: sister pretend to be brother at boarding school to play sport, fall in love with roommate.
- Clueless (1995). Very entertaining. Definitely one of my favourites! Alicia Silverstone is so beautiful. And Paul Rudd? Yes. // precis: famous girl does makeover to hopeless girl; she becomes more popular, famous girl’s stepbrother tells her she’s misguided, famous girl falls for stepbrother.
- The Holiday (2006). I love the idea of swapping houses for holidays. And I also like Jude Law and his impeccable British accent. // precis: Girl A and B switch houses for holiday, girl A falls in love with girl B’s brother, girl B falls in love with girl A’s coworker.
- The Devil Wears Prada (2006). What’s not to love about fashion-related movie and Meryl Streep? She’s amazing! // precis: girl tries to survive working with a pain-in-ass editor (but nice!)
- The Prince & Me (2004). The reason why I am completely obsessed with Denmark and want to go there someday. Copenhagen, wait for me! // precis: prince pretends to be a normal student, falls in love with a normal girl.
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999). Heath Ledger! I don’t know what I love about the movie but I always go back to it. My favourite scene is when Julia Stiles recites that poem for Heath Ledger during the ending. So touching! // precis: boy is paid to date girl, later falls in love with girl.
- Pretty Woman (1990). I have a thing for Richard Gere although he is 3 times my age but you know what they say, age is just a number, my friend. // precis: boy picks up the girl (hooker) from the street, spend time together for the weekend and falls in love.
- Confession of A Shopaholic (2009). I was a shopaholic myself a few years ago so in a way I can kinda relate to this movie. But.. wait. I still am a shopaholic! // precis: broke shopaholic girl works at financial magazine as stepping stone to get into fashion magazine, hides debt problem from boss, boss finds out, falls in love with boss
- A Cinderella Story (2004). Do I really have to tell you why I love this movie so much as if Chad Michael Murray himself isn’t enough of the reason why. This movie is legendary (at least for me). // precis: pretty sure by the title you know the whole plot of the movie and I’m 95% sure the majority of us have watched it.
- The Princess Diaries (2001). We are all a princess at heart. In parallel universe, I hope I am the princess of a country living my good, blessed life as a royalty with a collection of Birkin bags in different colours and type of leathers. Ooooh, life. // precis: queen grandma comes to girl’s house, claims girl is the princess of Genovia.
Another movie worth mentioning is Barbie as Rapunzel. It is my favourite Barbie movie out of all Barbie movies ever made and trust me, I think I have watched all of them. There is just something about Barbie as Rapunzel that the other Barbie movies didn’t have. Maybe it’s the modesty of Rapunzel and her long, shiny hair or the village with a castle on top of the mountain, I’m not sure. It’s definitely one of the movies I held so close to my heart. Do you have any recommendation of movies that you think I should watch or that I would like?