Assalamualaikum and hi everyone!
Today I am going to do a review of Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks that are very popular right now because of its affordable price among other liquid lipstick brands. Unfortunately, it is very hard to get it in Malaysia so you will have to order online on its official website or order them off of Instagram shop. However, the price differs a lot. One liquid lipstick retails at USD6 so if you convert it to MYR, it should be around RM24 but since the shipping costs so much, the cheapest you can get this is RM40. I have found one shop selling this for RM35 but you do have to wait 6 weeks+ before it can be mailed to you. I don’t know about you but I really hate pre-order.
I got these liquid lipsticks from my friend who was selling this with a limited stock. A few days after I got them from her, I texted her back saying is the liquid lipstick still available because I wanted to buy a few more shades but she said everything is sold out. At that point, I am just hopeless. #petitionforColourpoptoopenaphysicalstoreinMalaysia
I only have two shades which are Scrooge (left) and Beeper (right). They said Beeper is the dupe for Kylie Jenner Lip Kit in Dolce K. I am not sure if they are similar or not because I don’t have any of the lip kits. The price is absurd I would rather buy ABH or Kat Von D liquid lipsticks.
It comes with a doe foot applicator which is nice because you can really get to the edge of your lips for that sharp application. Honestly there’s nothing special about doe foot applicator, millions other lip products use it.
This is how Beeper looks like on me without flash. To me, Beeper is an interesting colour because it is like a dark, mauve, grey, purple, brown colour without flash, but with flash (as per picture below), it looks nude! I honestly thought it was going to look like a nude brown on me which was why I went with it but oh well, all is said and done. Nevertheless, I really, really like it.
This is Scrooge on me without flash. Scrooge is not a classic red shade in any way and to me it looks like a really dark magenta. It’s darker than pink (obviously) but not quite muted red.
- I would suggest scrubbing your lips first before applying because matte lipsticks can really cling onto dry and flaky skin.
- You can use lip balm or vaseline before putting liquid lipstick on but I do not recommend because it will mess up the time it takes to turn matte. If you still wanted to, you can. Make sure to wipe off the lip balm before applying.
- Has many shades in the range from pinks, reds, purples, and browns.
- LONG-LASTING. I SWEAR.
- Still looked like I have just applied it although it was time for me to remove my makeup.
- Did I mention long-lasting?
- Turns matte in just 5 seconds.
- One application is enough and very opaque.
- Does not bleed around the lips.
- Not sticky.
- It does crumble after some time.
- If you eat something greasy, it will remove some of the colour on the inner of your lips.
- One application is nice, second application? Not so nice. It won’t dry completely no matter how many hours you wait, resulting in transferring of the colour.
- Some claimed it’s really drying but I have no problem with that. I guess it depends on the user.
- Very hard to get in Malaysia.
I do think it’s worth the hype and I really, really love it. If I had the chance to buy more shades, I would definitely buy some more. It’s inexpensive, it’s nice on the lips, the shade range is amazing, and the most important thing is it is really matte! So 4.5 stars from me! 🙂